Monday, July 24, 2006

Count down to fitness

Four more days until the release of Bella Fiore! I feel like a kid counting down the days to summer holidays.

With my smallest child now over two, I'm finally finding a bit of freedom to get on with 'me' things - like bubble baths and pedicures. It's amazing how one's life and personal needs get pushed to the back burner when children come along. I often look at other moms who sport perfect manicures, complete with tiny inset sparkly jewels, and think - How on earth do you change diapers? How do you bathe your baby without scratching him, or build a sand castle, or do finger painting without ruining your nails? I obviously didn't read the 'Maintaining Your $35.00 Manicure' in Parents Magazine. My bad...
So back to me. Yes, with child #2 old enough to be left in occassional care, I decided to join a gym. A brand spanking new, clean, I'll-be-the-first-to-sweat-on-the-equipment gym. It doesn't open until September, but just walking around with my temporary membership card some how makes me feel
fitter. And, I have a month to get in some kind of shape so I don't make a complete ass of myself!
The pre-opening membership special included a half-price initiation fee (only $100!) and a free gym bag. Or as my husband pointed out, I just paid $100 for a purple gym bag emblazoned with an advertisement for the new gym. Hmmm....
I can't wait to start!

2 comments:

Constance Farder said...

Seems like your husband is wise and witty. Good luck with the workouts!

Wylie Kinson said...

Oh, wise and witty are only two of his many wonderful qualities!!