Sunday, November 26, 2006



I was tagged by fellow TWR blogger, Amy. Thanks for putting Christmas on my brain!

Your Name: Wylie

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog with a healthy tip of Bermuda’s Black Seal Rum
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps, applies big beautiful bows, coordinated ribbon and tries to color-code the wrap for each person (Santa sounds a wee bit anal, doesn’t she he!)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Outside – colors! Inside – white fairy lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nah. Who needs a ball of leaves to inspire kissing? We’re big smoochers in our family.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Not before December 2nd. That’s my birthday and I REFUSE to acknowledge Christmas before then.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My mother’s stuffing and mushroom gravy.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Going into the aromatic pine forest to hunt up the perfect Xmas tree with my stepdad (the only good memory that involves him, btw). The snow would be so deep we could barely walk through it! He always let me take a few swings with the little axe.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don’t remember exactly, but I must have been quite young - perhaps seven or eight.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No. No peeking until Xmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I like the traditional colors – red, green gold, white fairy lights, lots of tinsel and ornaments that range from Walmart bulk, to sentimental to kid-craft.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT! Spend 17 Christmases in snowless Bermuda and never really felt the spirit as I do in Canada – surrounded by a blanket of white.
12. Can you ice skate? Used to. Haven’t tried for probably 25 years.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A Barbie head that you practiced make-up and hair-do’s on, a doll called Chrissy (my sister got Velvet, Chrissy’s sister) – you could make her hair long or short, and more recently, a beautiful diamond bracelet.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family – specially making it wonderful for my kids, getting/feeling Christmas spirit (people are always friendlier around this time), and the food.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Love shortbreads, mini-butter tarts, and Terry’s chocolate oranges.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Ours keeps changing! My hubby’s parents have their traditions, my folks do something a bit different, my sister’s different again… We’ve spent so many years going to other folks, that we haven’t developed any of our own yet. This year…
17. What tops your tree? An angel. Must be an angel and she must light up.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
Totally a giver!! I enjoy buying, trying to find a gift that’s personal and meaningful. I’m an ungrateful receiver… If I get a gift (like another red freakin’ purse – 3 years running!!), I feel like the giver doesn’t know me, didn’t take the time to find out what I want/like. Don’t bother, really. I don’t mean to be snotty, but I’d rather have someone give a gift to charity in my name rather than a lame gift that has nothing to do with me.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
*singing* Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your nose,…. Also, O Holy Night, Come All Ye Faithful, Do They Know It’s Christmas (Bono’s line always makes me cry) – who am I kidding – there isn’t any Xmas tunes I don’t like!!
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Meh. I usually eat one mini and I’m done.

I'm tagging T.L.!

P.S. y'all -- I tried to put a nice pretty picture of a sprig of mistletoe and the darn thing wouldn't come up in the published post - though it worked fine in preview - so I said 'Hell with it' and posted the hunky Santa. He's comin' up just fine *wink*. HO! HO! HO!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool Beans, Wylie! Thanks for tagging -- that'll be my blog post for tomorrow, or one of 'em, if I feel like blogging my asterisk off like I did today. ;)

And I enjoyed reading your answers. Brought back memories -- ha, I hadn't thought about Chrissy and Velvet in years (I had a Chrissy doll as a kiddo, too). :-D

Anonymous said...

I always wanted one of those Barbie heads but my Mom was all weird about little girls having access to makeup, whereas now she's totally lax with my kids. Figures.

Wylie Kinson said...

I loved my Barbie head - especially the cake-like blue eyeshadow and pasty lipstick. Played with it for days,... until I accidentally melted her hair with my mother's curling iron. She wasn't much good after that.