Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I'm Feelin' Orange!


Decided to go with a new look - what do you think?
I was searching for a cleaner looking page, but the templates on blogger are limited. I've always been a fan of orange, though it will undoubtably begin to wear out my eyes by February.

A little about the color orange (from my research on color psychology for my novella
Destiny By Design): Orange combines the energy of red (but not the aggression) and the happiness of yellow. It represents enthusiasm, joy, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement and stimulation. It's a hot color - think sun and the tropics! Orange produces an invigorating effect, stimulates mental activity and inceases oxygen supply to the brain. It's citrusy, ao associated with healthy food and can stimulate the appetite. In heraldry, orange is symbolic of strength and endurance.
Here endeth the lesson. Now go paint something ORANGE!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOT! :) I love the new look of your blog. Really pretty and clean, and the larger columns in the main posting area and the sidebar are nice, too.

And the splash of orange looks great, too -- I've always liked the way orange looks with white.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks great. It's so much brighter, it surprised me at first; but I think I like it. I know templates on blogger are limited, makes me wish I knew some html or something.

Wylie Kinson said...

Thanks TL and Amy. I've been having major problems with blogger all afternoon so if you see me blog suddenly disappear, email me!
I think/hope it's sorted out but, GAWD, this stuff makes me feel stupid!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic new look. One of these days I'm going to find someone who can create a new template for me. I need more colour on mine. :)

Wylie Kinson said...

But I like the 'clean' look of yours, Christine!