Saturday, December 02, 2006

No Second Chance, by Harlen Coben




You know I don't do book reviews... there are sites excellent at that sort of thing (continue disclaimer...)
But...
Every time I pick up one of Mr. Coben's novels, I miss a night of sleep. My goodness but his books are un-put-downable!
'No Second Chance' is about a doctor who wakes up in the hospital to find he'd been shot and left for dead, his wife is dead and his six-month old daughter is missing.
Non-stop action and intrigue; the twists and turns keep coming and just when you think you've nailed it, bam!, Mr. Coben throws another curve at you. 'No Second Chance' was almost as good as the first of book of his that I read - 'Gone for Good'. I recommend both. (Though personally, I'm not as enthused about his 'Myron Bolitar' series. Still good reads, but I wasn't compelled to run out and buy another.)

One of my absolute all-time fave authors, Nelson DeMille, has a new book out. He's one of two or three authors for whom I'll shell out the $$ for a hardcover, but this time I don't have to because 'Wild Fire' was waiting for me when I awoke (a year older) this morning, wrapped in pretty paper and a bow. Thanks kids!!!!

No comments: