Saturday, September 15, 2007

Kathryn Krezonoski Knudsen 1966-2007

I had a sleepless night due to the fact that an old high-school chum of mine died under very bizarre 'it only happens to other people' circumstances.
Kathy Krezonoski and I were best buddies in junior high and a good part of high school. You know how it goes - we eventually drifted apart - but not before shaking up the all-boy gun-club at Westgate High by kicking some clay-pidgeon ass. The last time I saw her was about 14 years ago(gah! could it be that long?), standing outside the Safeway store in our old hometown having a smoke. We exchanged email addresses, but neither of us followed-up.

Anyway... long story short, Kathy was shot and killed by her boyfriend, who then turned the gun upon himself in a murder-suicide. I just can't believe it...

I had no idea that Kathryn had a blog (had I known...). And eerily prophetic, her tagline read: I Live My Life Hurting No One, I Wish No One Would Hurt Me.

Rest in peace, my friend.

15 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

My sympathies Paula. I had the same thing happen last year to one my highschool pals. It's very unreal, there's no words to describe it.

Big hugs honey.

Carrie Lofty said...

Aw, honey, that's horrible! She must have been feeling very desperate and lost. Peace be with her.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Wylie -- I'm so sorry. How sad. I'm sending hugs, and my kitties send you gentle purrs.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

How shattering for you and all who knew her. Sending my thoughts and prayers to you, Wylie. How haunting, her tagline.

Ann said...

I'm so sorry.

M. said...

so sorry paula. these kinds of stories are always tied to bewildering questions of 'but weren't there any warning signs?' the human heart is a complex thing.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, Wylie. HUGS!

Wylie Kinson said...

Thanks everyone, for your comments and sympathies.
Again, I've not been in touch for almost 15 years, so in terms of loss, I don't own this one.
ut still, the shock was tremendous, and certainly made me ponder the treacherous paths that life sometimes takes us down.
And be a little more grateful for me happy, relatively peaceful existence.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your old friend. I haven't lost any friends, but I know how shocking it will be when it does happen. It certainly makes you think.

Anonymous said...

I think i knew this person...
do you happen to know her blog address?

sorry to hear about this!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the photo of Kathy as I don't have any. I was friends with her in high school and have many fond memories of her (she was one of the sweeties that made high school bearable). I haven't seen her in over 20 years but this story really shocked and saddens me.

Sparky Duck said...

even when you drift a part there is still a connection through the past

*hugs*

Wylie Kinson said...

Anonymous and Ian,
Please email me!
wyliekinson@rogers.com

Thanks

Anonymous said...

This is truly a tragedy. Senseless violence. Very sorry to read this. No one deserves this. My prayers and warm thoughts go out to you and Kathy's loved ones. May she rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!