Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Men in Skirts, Fave summer read, Red goes from Blue to Pink

I'm blogging at Six Degrees of Sexy today - and it's hunks in kilts!
Men in skirts - hot or not? Discuss.

Ciar Cullen is looking for nominations for FAVE Summer Book. Go to her blog here, and show an author some love. You can only nominate one (big bummer, I know).

Red Garnier, who is known for her uber-alpha heroes, got an interesting comment on her story Spin It Again. It did score a 3.5 out of 5, which according to the review site legend means 'an excellent read' (of course it is!!), the reviewer challenged Red to write a more sensitive man, one who treats women with respect:
"This series focuses on male bad behavior in both stories and the first one comes close to rape. Spin It Again has a similar course, but in the end both stories have a love conquers all theme. There’s not a lot of dialogue but the third person writing is full of explanation and description. Red Garnier, I’m looking forward to you writing a story where a man respects all women. I would like to see the flip side of the coin."
Read full review HERE.
In response, a wonderfully supportive Red-Fan mocked up a short video that's absolutely hilarious and definitely turned our Red from blue to tickled pink!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You nominated me?! HUGS!!!

Red Garnier said...

And I just LOVE a good tickle. ROFL!!! Going over to Ciar's! I love that contest, and the last winner of it, too. *wink*

Amy Ruttan said...

Ooh gonna check that out! YOW!

I am full of energy today and the video was so freaking hilarious. Can I butter your biscuit.

Amy Ruttan said...

I nominated (since Christine's has already been done) Divine Assistant by Red Garnier. I loved that one. "Mr Pipsqueak." awesome

Amy Ruttan said...

Oh yes I keep forgetting to metion this past weekend I crossed 50! I can't believe I actually did it. I was worried there for awhile until JR Ward became part of my library. Of course I'm reading nothing now, again, my slump is back. OY.

Wylie Kinson said...

Amy - LOL on nominating Red's Divine Assistant. I was going to wait a few days and try and sneak in a second nomination! Should have known that between us all, we'd cover each other's backs :)
Okay - so I'll try and sneak a Seniorella nom in tomorrow :)

Red Garnier said...

Amy and Wylie, thanks sweeties!!! And don't worry, I got Seniorella covered. =)

Anonymous said...

Hunks in kilts? Definitely a thumbs-up. I'll go check out your post! :)