Thursday, January 17, 2008

Seven Random Things meme

Christine d'Abo tagged me for a 7 Random Things About Me Meme. I was actually tagged last week for a birth month meme (Leah and Julia - check out theirs!), but it's a long one, so I'll put it off until I have some time to really think about it. In the meantime, here are

SEVEN RANDOM THINGS ABOUT MOI

1. When I was a kid, my uncle nicknamed me Peeler. Thankfully, it didn't stick - though he continues to use it.

2. I was adopted when I was six months old. Explains the 'black sheep' thing :)

3. I played keyboards in a rock band in highschool. We sucked. Our 15 year old lead singer (who was AWESOME) went on to become a stripper.

4. In addition to piano, I learned to play the French horn and the clarinet. Sadly, I haven't kept up with any of it.

5. I lost a very dear childhood friend to MS. He was 33. I now fundraise for the MS Society of Canada.

6. I dined with HRH Prince Philip. He's very short.

7. Both my knees have 4 inch scars from operations when I was a teenager. I have no clue what was wrong with them! At 16, I never thought to ask.

I think that everyone in the world has been tagged already so I'll leave it open. Play along if you'd like!

12 comments:

Vicky said...

OMG! I've read A LOT of meme's you've written, but I didn't know any of those things! :)

#3 - there's a book in there somewhere! LOL!!! Stripper!!!! :)

Amy Ruttan said...

I remember you told me about Prince Philip.

The knee thing is weird. Funny how trusting kids can be when faced with authority figures like doctors.

I'll have to do this meme tomorrow. After Sumo's birthday.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Just stopping by to say yes, I've been to Yellowstone in the summer -- ten years ago. And yes, I've got a lot of pictures to hold up side-by-side and compare.

I'll have to figure out a way to get them downloaded since they're on film, but that could be a TT in and of itself.

And thanks for not tagging me AGAIN for this. Although I suppose we could make it into a joke: how many people can tag Susan for this? *g*

Leah Braemel said...

You realize you are now going to be called Peeler at the new TRW meeting, right?

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Too bad you couldn't have given 'Peeler' to the stripper for a stage name...

Weird about your knees! I have a similar scar from surgery, but I have no question about what it was for, and I continue to have chronic pain with that knee. Do you?

Anonymous said...

My mother died from MS. She was diagnosed late in life - around 50 and lived with it for 24 years. She always felt blessed she didn't get it when she was younger. It's an awful way to die.

Anonymous said...

LOL -- Peeler! What a funny nickname. I was called "Tomahawk" sometimes when I was a kid. I kinda liked it! :)

Wylie Kinson said...

TL - at least Tomahawk has some teeth, some 'don't mess with me' grit. I like it too.

Kristy - I'm so sorry about your mom. It's a horrible disease and I pray they find a cure soon. Lots of breakthroughs recently, which is encouraging.

Julia - LOL!! Yup, Peeler would have been a great stripper name. I wonder what she did use... I never did find out.

Leah - EEEK! I hope not!!

SHG - don't think I wasn't tempted :D

Amy - I look forward to reading your 7 meme!

Vicky - a book... yeah!! Maybe I'll write one (someday!!) :O

Shelley Munro said...

Well, you learn something everyday. I always assumed Prince Philip was tall.

Nicknames, ugh! Luckily none of mine stuck either.

Unknown said...

That's funny...I have dinned with HRH Prince Charles. He's very short too...

Rene said...

Those are very interesting facts. Wonder what was wrong with you knees.

Anonymous said...

Cool idea. Mm, we have a few things in common. Find out about the knees, I'm curious too.

I slid down a hill on mine, was weeks before I could bend my knees and ever since they don't tan and are absent of freckles.