Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Catching up with... ME!

I'm back from visiting my mom in the Great White North (which isn't white, btw, but very green, as opposed to the weather in the Toronto area, which is VERY white at the moment!)

I had no internet access for five days...
Yes, that IS as horrible as you can imagine!

Thought for sure that I'd be able to get some writing done (since no internet!) but alas... very little tapping occurred. I did cross the 40,000 line which sounds good, but my goal was 50,000, so not good.
But there was visiting to be done, and chatting, and going out for coffee, and Christmas shopping...
And seeing Quantum of Solace. *big grin*
Daniel Craig continues his splendorous portrayal of Bond, James Bond. It was excellent. Perhaps not quite as good as the first, but really, very good. 3 1/2 stars out of 4.

I've just spent a few minutes catching up on blogs though didn't have time to comment on any. But here's what I learned since Max & Ruby started:
Leah is Svening, Christine and Bonnie are NaNo-ing (yes, C - reward yourself with Quantum!), Amy is editing and eating (not necessarily in that order), Nicholas is providing thoughtful matter by way of book titles that never saw the light of day, Terra has lost 2 lbs (go Terra!!!), TL continues to hike, edit and play (TL - I love your character names, 'specially Renata) and JK has Matt Cory visiting.
I've still got to check out what's up with Tempest, Maureen, Jen the Redneck, Shelley Munro and see what's happening at Six Degrees of Sexy... so many blogs, so little time ;)

Back to Christmas shopping... Have you started? I'm starting to get a bit frantic because I've got to get my Bermuda-family pressies bought before the in-laws arrive in a couple of weeks so I can send stuff back with them. And December is so full of stuff -- three family birthdays (including mine - so start shopping), three friend birthdays, holiday parties, decorating, end of school,....
All that and finishing a book.
ACK, I'm stressed already!!!

18 comments:

Karen Erickson said...

Welcome back!

I started Christmas shopping this past weekend and I'd like to be finished by the end of Nov, very beginning of Dec. My husband is out of town for 2 weeks in Dec and that's stressful enough to deal with...

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

*sniff*

I knew your thing for Mitchell was only fleeting...

Leah Braemel said...

Welcome back, Wylie, we missed you.

And Christmas? Christmas? Arrrgh! I just got through Gizmo Guy's vacation where he had me out of the house running around every single day, and then I had to shop for his birthday. I'm Svening as you say, I got handed a special top-secret project that's due immediately AND I just got my edits in for Private Property. And now you're telling me I'm expected to start Christmas shopping? Hmph. That's almost as bad as having three family birthday parties and holiday parties and decor.... Hmm. Sorta like all the stuff you have to do. ;)

Happy Holidays!

Amy Ruttan said...

I'm done Christmas shopping.

And I'm not eating at the moment.

Yaking yes, eating no. LOL.

Go to Anna J. Evan's blog, she's got the picture of her new bundle up. Sooo cute. :)

Thomma Lyn said...

Christmas -- argh! I can't believe this year has gone so fast. Sounds like you've got a busy, busy December!

And yeah, Renata's cool. I think you'll like her. And Ivan... :) well, I'm very fond of him because he's the character who sauntered into HC unexpectedly, put up his feet, then helped the whole story fall into place!

Anonymous said...

hey girlfriend you had a nice family visit, happy b-day coming up to both of us then in Dec :-) Hey can you email me your snail addy I want to send you a xmas card , thanks girlfriend

Jane said...

I haven't started Christmas shopping yet, but I promise I will get it done before it's too late.

Anonymous said...

Hey, my birthday is in December too! When's yours? Mine's Boxing Day. Yay, December babies!

(And good for you for going to all those blogs while Max & Ruby was on. I just want to know where their parents are. :-D )

Wylie Kinson said...

Hey Karen - two weeks, eh? In the busiest month of the season. OMG - I get it!!! Your hubby IS Santa Claus!!!

Susan - oh no, not fleeting! I'll be over soon. Max & Ruby is only a 1/2 hour show, afterall.

Leah - this top secret project totally activated my curiousity button.

Wylie Kinson said...

Amy - done?!?!?! Really??!?! You are way to organized :)
Go eat. Yak. Repeat. Don't forget to rest.

TL - I love when characters do that! They force their way in to a story, kick things around, and take you for a ride. LOVE IT.

Wylie Kinson said...

Amy - done?!?!?! Really??!?! You are way to organized :)
Go eat. Yak. Repeat. Don't forget to rest.

TL - I love when characters do that! They force their way in to a story, kick things around, and take you for a ride. LOVE IT.

Wylie Kinson said...

Hey Terra-the-lighter (yay on the poundage lost!). Another December gal, eh? Cool.

Hiya Jane - I promise myself the exact same thing, every year, and every year I'm running around like a headless chicken the day before. And it's always for an important one - like my hubby's gift!
BTW - do you have a blog? I've clicked the hyperlink on your name but it doesn't take me anywhere. Just wondering...

Wylie Kinson said...

MG's in da house!!!!!!!!!
Hey MG -- yes, I wonder the same thing. I mean, yeah... Grandma lives down the street, but surely, child services should be called.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I remember the Max and Ruby days. Oddly, #1 loved it. #2 couldn't stand it. Weird... #1's the boy...

I loved Oswald, too. Such a sweet show (and none of the annoying high-pitched voices).

Shelley Munro said...

Welcome back, Wylie. Hey, you thought about writing. That's a good thing. :)
No Christmas shopping done yet. I don't usually think about it until December, although I don't have much to do. It's not a stressful thing.

Jane said...

Hi Wylie,
I don't have a blog. I know I'm probably one of the few that don't.

J.K. Coi said...

Oh My God!! You saw Quantum of Solace? I'm so jealous!! And good for you on the word count, even if you didn't make your goal I can't complain since I haven't made mine either. (time to get out the whip)

Ann said...

Welcome back, Wylie. I didn't get much writing done, other things kept interrupting.
Have a great weekend. :)