Sunday, November 19, 2006

Is you're inner writer MALE or FEMALE?

This is the coolest little thing - do try it. The Gender Genie analizes your blogpost, fiction or non-fiction writing samples and can tell if you're a male or female by the words used. (thanks to Thomma Lyn whose site I stole the link from - hee!)

According to their 'scientific methods', the blog I posted earlier today qualifies me as a male. Clearly, I wrote it with the right side of my brain (wtf?!) while the first chapter of my novella catagorizes me as a female writer. Aha! Got me. Then I got crafty and entered a scene from the novella that's supposed to be from the hero's point of view and the results indicated I'm still a female. Wow, that was a blow. I thought I wrote from a guy's pov pretty well. Guess I'm wrong. I need to get in touch with my maleness. Clearly, I need to see the Bond flick again *grinning*.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, I'll have to play with the Genie some more and plug in Max's point of view, from Thy Eternal Summer!

Wylie Kinson said...

Yes, and hopefully, he won't become emasculated and turn into Max-ine !! :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Wylie.

I didn't realize you had a blog until you posted your link on the TRW board. :)

This is an awesome way to determine if your dialoge, internal or external, is written from the correct gender perspective. Awesome post! I'm going to steal the link. ;)

Wylie Kinson said...

Welcome, Christine! I see your posts on Drunk Writers and Amy Ruttan's blogs -- glad to have you stop in my humble little blog!!

Anonymous said...

I put in 589 words of my NaNo and just found out that when I write women's fiction apparently I write like a man. What's up with that, I was really surprised. And Cheers on Daniel Craig. I have a few more pictures of him where you can see the entire speedo!!

Wylie Kinson said...

Hiya Amy
More DC pics with ENTIRE speedo (which I understand that Dame Judi said he filled out exceedingly well - hee!)??

And I blog like a man! Who knew. Try putting a blog entry in and see what the gender genie comes up with.

Anonymous said...

Wylie I entered my blog, I'm still male.

Who would've thunk it.