Monday, September 03, 2007

15 Hours and Counting, and Oh Nuts!

It just dawned on me that school starts tomorrow...
*guffaw*
Seriously, I've been counting down since July 3rd or thereabouts. Now that we're down to less than 15 hours, I'm practically vibrating with anticipation. My oldest son will begin grade 3 and my baby boy, who's not such a baby anymore *sniff*, will begin Montessori preschool 3 precious mornings per week. But young Sweetness doesn't begin until next week...
WAHOO!!
If I seem a tad excited it's because I'll have roughly 7 hours per week of dedicated writing time. SEVEN! That might not seem like much to you, but to me -- every minute of that will be golden. And quiet. And productive (hopefully).

My sister and brother-in-law left yesterday. We had such a lovely visit -- I was a very sad bear when they left, knowing that I probably won't see them again until next summer :(
I shall dedicate this week's TT to things we did on our visit.

Here's the latest conversation overheard in the Kinson household:

Sweetness (aka 3 yr old boy): My nuts hurt.
Light (aka 7 yr old boy): Do you have to go pee?
Sweetness: No. There's no pee in my nuts. They just got stuck in my willie.
Light: Pee doesn't come from your nuts.
Sweetness: ye-es!
Light: No it doesn't! Pee comes from inside your tummy. Nuts just hold the ingredients for when you and your wife want to have your own kid. When she goes to the hospital, your nuts crack open.
Me: (trying to quell my silent but hysterical laughter) Honey, I don't think they crack open exactly...
Light: Well of course not. They're not really nuts like peanuts. They're made of soft stuff, like boogers...

Welcome to my life.
I wonder what it would be like to have girls *takes a moment to imagine a quiet game of Barbie-dress-up...*

16 comments:

Leah Braemel said...

ROFLMAO, Wylie! Yes, being the only female in a houseful of males is quite eye-opening. And you know what? The topic isn't going to change much. All men are eight mentally. Wait til they begin the belching contests where they see how far they can get belching the alphabet! Or start rating other bodily noises for volume (either sound or amount).

I'm at the other end of the spectrum schoolwise (no, the conversations about body parts continue even at 22 and 16). Only my youngest is off to school tomorrow. Yes, I'm happy dancing! But you'll be shocked at how fast those 7 hours go.

Sparky Duck said...

I did not cringe until the words cracked nuts were uttered.

Wylie Kinson said...

Leah - yeah, my tolerance on the 'ewww-yuck' scale is off the charts. I grew up in an all-girl, single-mom family so these topics, and the frequency at which they occur, makes me feel like I'm from another planet.

Sparky! - I haven't had a chance to play catch-up on your blog, but I'll be over soon!
(so are they REALLY like boogers?)











8//

Unknown said...

ROFLMAO!!!!

OMG we need to get your boys together with my girls. That would be too funny!!

I'm glad you had a good visit with your family. I'm also glad you're back. :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I'll loan you #2 for awhile; you'll appreciate your boys again. Especially once she gets into your makeup...

Congrats on school beginning and those precious seven hours. Wish I had seven hours, but I have to take my #2 in kindergarten time and spend most of it at the gym. You know. I sort of like being pain-free.

Amy Ruttan said...

ROFL! OMG your kids are hilarious.

I had a nut conversation this week with my kids and I have a girl.

Aidan did the splits and I said.

"Oh buddy don't do that, that'll hurt your nuts."

Brianna: "that's not nice to have hurt nuts I don't like it when I hurt my nuts. Hurting my nuts is not nice."

She's a girl .... soooo you see my point. Oh man kids are funny.

Wylie Kinson said...

Christine - it's good to BE back :)

SHG - I really should be spending all 7 of those hours at the gym, but alas, I loathe sweating...

Amy - LOL! Your boo is hilarious! Wanna arrange a marriage?

Anonymous said...

Glad you'll have some me time, writing time always nice

Carrie Lofty said...

We live very different lives. My girls are 3 & 4, which means their conversations have to do about what bums do as opposed to vaginas. With boys it must be easier to tell where the pee comes from. The girls are a little confused still by all that goes on down there. They both start Montessori preschool on Thursday, but they'll be doing 5 days per week. YESYESYES that means 15 hrs a week to myself. It's a miracle! What do I have planned for my first burst of freedom on Thursday? Lunch with a friend ;)

Anonymous said...

LOL! You DO NOT WANT GIRLS! All I can say is DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA. My son is so much easier.

Wylie Kinson said...

Carrie, you lucky duck! I'm going to see how Sweetness copes with the three days/wk and if he's doing well, I'll send him 5 mornings in January (rubbing hands in anticipation)

Miss Frou Frou said...

Wylie this cracked me up! Probably because it's just a slightly less literate conversation that regular occurs between my 20 and 23 year old nephews... and most of my male colleagues...

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO.....

Amy Ruttan said...

Oooh seeing a nice big wedding now!!! ;)

Wylie Kinson said...

Hi Miss Frou! Oh goody - I have many more years ahead of this type of conversation...
Ah well - fodder for the blog. Though I imagine it's not as funny coming from the mouth of a 19 year old ;)

TL - aren't you glad cats can't talk? "Hey, my nuts hurt. Wait a minute... where'd they go? That damn vet!"

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious and adorable!