My sister (let's call her *Karen) and brother-in-law (we'll call him *Stephen) spent a week with us recently, so I thought I'd share ~
1. Indulged in pedicures. "You wan flowa? Fie dolla"
2. Shopped at IKEA (perhaps a better word would be frenzy)
3. Shopped at COSTCO (and spent hundreds of dollars on black licorice and fiber-licious cereal for my constipated sister)
4. Visited a petting zoo and got our hands slimed by llamas, goats, sheep, deer and a very friendly donkey. And yes, we did the Shrek "DonKey!" before each slice of apple was handed over.
5. Ate lots of Chinese food (and fiber cereal)
6. Bought an LCD HDTV (squeee!)
7. Played mini-golf, at which my 3 yr old boasted "I got a holy-one!"
8. Visited Tim Hortons approximately 18 times (in effort to help along my still-constipated sister by flushing her system with copious amounts of black coffee)
9. Spent a day at Ontario Place where we ~
-rode paddle boats
-enjoyed the Chinese Lantern exhibit
-played more mini-golf
-rode the BIG SLIDE
(and by 'spent the day' I really mean, 'half the day' because we had to wait so long for my sister to get out of the bathroom)
10. Played ENDLESSLY with the kittens (and by 'played' I really mean got grossed out by their smelly kitten farts and spent hours cleaning bits of litter from the floor)
11. Hung a new light in my dining room (and by 'new' I really mean old. It was my mother's, from the 1950's, and came to me via my sister's bedroom. Apparently her husband doesn't appreciate vintage)
12. Ordered dining room furniture
13. Aired out the house. Oops! That was after they left...
My wonderful big sister. Always a pleasure, always a laugh, and did I mention that she folds my laundry, sweeps my floors and spoils my children :)
*Names may have been changed to protect the innocent.
Leave your name!