Thursday, September 06, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #28 - A visit from my sister

My sister (let's call her *Karen) and brother-in-law (we'll call him *Stephen) spent a week with us recently, so I thought I'd share ~



13 Things I Did With My Sister

1. Indulged in pedicures. "You wan flowa? Fie dolla"
2. Shopped at IKEA (perhaps a better word would be frenzy)
3. Shopped at COSTCO (and spent hundreds of dollars on black licorice and fiber-licious cereal for my constipated sister)
4. Visited a petting zoo and got our hands slimed by llamas, goats, sheep, deer and a very friendly donkey. And yes, we did the Shrek "DonKey!" before each slice of apple was handed over.
5. Ate lots of Chinese food (and fiber cereal)
6. Bought an LCD HDTV (squeee!)
7. Played mini-golf, at which my 3 yr old boasted "I got a holy-one!"
8. Visited Tim Hortons approximately 18 times (in effort to help along my still-constipated sister by flushing her system with copious amounts of black coffee)
9. Spent a day at Ontario Place where we ~
-rode paddle boats
-enjoyed the Chinese Lantern exhibit
-played more mini-golf
-rode the BIG SLIDE
(and by 'spent the day' I really mean, 'half the day' because we had to wait so long for my sister to get out of the bathroom)
10. Played ENDLESSLY with the kittens (and by 'played' I really mean got grossed out by their smelly kitten farts and spent hours cleaning bits of litter from the floor)
11. Hung a new light in my dining room (and by 'new' I really mean old. It was my mother's, from the 1950's, and came to me via my sister's bedroom. Apparently her husband doesn't appreciate vintage)
12. Ordered dining room furniture
13. Aired out the house. Oops! That was after they left...
:)

My wonderful big sister. Always a pleasure, always a laugh, and did I mention that she folds my laundry, sweeps my floors and spoils my children :)

*Names may have been changed to protect the innocent.

Leave your name!

28 comments:

Red Garnier said...

Sounds like a super fun week, Wylie! And OMG, I love your kitties! They look perfectly healthy now to me...I'm so glad! =)

SYNERGY said...

Fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

Awww, your sister sounds like such a wonderful person and a wonderful friend! Yay! I don't have a sister, but I have a younger brother I love very much. :)

And SQUEE, your precious little kittens -- they are just darling!! I want to reach through the computer monitor and give them pets, rubbies, and kissies... oohhhh, I'm talking in my itty bitty kitty voice now... hehe

Happy T13, my friend! :-D

Anonymous said...

It sounds as though you had a great week there, W. Tim Hortons sounds good, though I have never understood the appeal of IKEA

N.J.Walters said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun shopping! Love Tim Hortons. *g*

Rhian said...

Sistah Fun! wahoo! nothing else quite like it in the world! i must've missed the post where you picked the kittie names - what did you choose?

Robin said...

Sounds like a great week! Well, aside from all the constipation issues that is. I can't believe all that coffee didn't help.

Carrie Lofty said...

Oh yes, must kiss the kitties.

Unknown said...

What an awesome week with your sister. I only got to see mine twice when I was home visiting. She lives quite far away from my parents and it was hard to go over. :( But we had a good time too.

Anonymous said...

I reads like a poem of activities.

Anonymous said...

LOL! How happy will your sister be to read this????

Glad you had fun.

Ann said...

Aren't sisters fun to hang out with? I always have a blast with mine. Glad you had so much fun. Cute kitties. :)

Lisa Andel said...

Sounds like you had a blast, but I'm with Nancy, your sis gonna laugh at this? Or come after you?

Bethanne said...

Family is great.
Mine is so far away...
Lucky you!!! Thanks for sharing.
MOrgan, romancewriter and T13er

Leah Braemel said...

I'll bet sis will be thrilled that you shared her, um, problem with the world, Wylie! And LOL about the holy-one!

Wylie Kinson said...

Nicholas - a heaping plate of Swedish meatballs and great kitchen gadgets.

Rhian - Licorice and Lady Grey. The kids won in the end :) But man o man, did I get some great suggestions! Made me want to get 12 more kittens!

Nancy - I'm counting on the fact that she doesn't read my blog :)

Lisa - I'm bigger than her ;)

Leah - which is why I PRETENDED to change her name. But it really is Karen and Stephen. And I'm thinking I may send the link to her coworkers (bwahahahahaha)

Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

Oh, Wylie, this TT really made me smile.

There's nothing quite like that special bond sisters share. Your week reminded me of all the great fun I used to have with my sister. She was just in her 30s when I lost her and I miss her so much.

Thanks for a wonderful trip down memory lane. :-)

Sparky Duck said...

So why exactly do you need to wait for your sister to come to buy a new TV. Ikea I get, you need like 8 people to put some of that shit togther.

Denise Patrick said...

Those kitties are just gorgeous!! Isn't it wonderful to have a sibling you absolutely love? I have two and I'm thankful for them daily!

Happy TT!

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

What a great week! Except for the constipation. :-) Happy TT!

LA Day said...

A holy-one, how cute. Does your sister know about this blog? If she does she may not visit again anytime soon!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Now THAT is sisterhood at its best!

We have an LCD HDTV, too, Wylie. You're gonna love it. We may never hear from you again, in fact... that would suck.

Kiss the kitties for me... I've got one in my lap as I type today.

Robin L. Rotham said...

Oh, that sounds like an awesome time! I would have totally skipped the petting zoo, though. I'm so not into being slimed by llamas.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were busy and had a ball.

I want an LCD HDTV. Can I come watch yours? :)

Happy TT

~X

Amy Ruttan said...

Sounds like you had loads of fun!!!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

IKEA...(Homer Simpson drool sound)

Anonymous said...

You always make me laugh. Tell your sil to try Noni Juice. My sil (she'll love me for this;-) says it's working for her.

Anonymous said...

Twenty-seven comments! Ah, how quaint!