Busy Busy Busy - My blogs will be very spotty for the next few weeks!
December is always a bit crazy in the Kinson household - and not just because of Christmas...
Birthdays abound - mine is Dec 2, my bil is Dec 5, son is Dec 13, BFF Tracey Dec 17, mil is Dec 19, neice is Dec 27 - and on the brackets, my nephew is Nov 25 and BFF Leslie Jan 9.
Deep breath and ...TO THE MALL!!!
On top of this, I finished my revisions on Law of Averages -- it was supposed to be only one minor revision but you know I had to go and tinker with the whole damn manuscript!
What's keeping YOU awake at night this December??
Happy Hanakkah to those of you who celebrate!
Overheard my 3 year old singing a carol yesterday:
Deck the halls with lots of holly, fa la la la la la la la
It's the season for the dollys, ....
I leave you with more funny kid stuff:
A number of primary schools were doing a project on "The Sea." Children were asked to draw pictures or write about their experiences. Teachers got together to compare the results and put together some of the 'better' ones. Here are some of the descriptions of "ocean life."
1. This is a picture of an octopus. It has eight testicles. (Kelly age 6)
2. Some fish are dangerous. Jellyfish can sting. Electric eels can> give you a shock. They have to live in caves under the sea where I think they have to plug themselves in to chargers. (Christopher age 7)
3. Oysters' balls are called pearls!(James age 6)
4. If you are surrounded by sea you are an Island . If you don't have sea> all around you, you are incontinent. (Wayne age 7)
5. I think sharks are ugly and mean, and have big teeth, just like Emily Richardson. She's not my friend no more. (Kylie age 6)
6. A dolphin breathes through an asshole on the top of its head. (Billy age 8)
7. My uncle goes out in his boat with pot, and comes back with crabs. (Millie age 7)
8. When ships had sails, they used to use the trade winds to cross the ocean. Sometimes, when the wind didn't blow, the sailors would whistle to make the wind come. My brother said they would be better off eatingbeans. (William age 7)
9. I like mermaids. They are beautiful and I like their shiny tails. Howdo mermaids get pregnant?(Helen age 7)
10. When you go swimming in the sea, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small. (Kevin age 6)