So... I cut blogging down to two times a week and it seems I can't even keep up with that! Pathetic...
The post I intended for this past Thursday was a meme. TL tagged me for this 7 Things Meme and these are the rules:
I must tell seven random and/or interesting things about myself. Then I have to get five blog buddies to play, too, and link to their blogs. And I have to post the rules.
This is troublesome...
I've done similar memes and I'm not sure I can come up with 7 new things, so forgive me the repitition, but I'm going to try and tie each 'thing' to writing.
1. I appeared in a popular daytime soap opera back in the late 80's. Five walk-ons, one solid line. It was fun experience, and although I was diehard fan of this show in the past, after reading the (inane) scripts, I haven't watched it since. If you watch soaps, try this: walk away from the screen and just listen. Listen from another room, close your eyes, whatever, but just listen to the dialogue and you'll see exactly what I mean.
If you're a fellow writer, you'll be shocked at what they get away with.
2. I may be 4o-something but I still feel 27. Sometimes I act 7.
When I write, I get to be all different ages.
3. Obsurity scares me.
Is this why I write?? Do I want to somehow leave a mark? Hmmm...
4. I'm prone to panic attacks and I hate myself for it. I used to love to travel, try new things, and like a true Sagittarian, would hop from one adventure to the next. What happened to me? I'm now afraid to fly and can't stomach kiddie rides at the amusement park! Just thinking about being trapped or riding on a public bus accelerates my heartbeat to dangerous levels.
It makes me feel better that I can still live through my characters :)
5. I hate housework. I really really loathe the entire process because there's no end. You just finish one task and there's another waiting. You do it all and realize you've got to start all over again from task one.
That's my favorite thing about writing -- there's a beginning, middle and end. Ah,... satisfaction.
6. I'm a horrible sleeper. I fight going to sleep, I'm restless when I do sleep, I wake up often during the night and am plagued by 'vivid-dream syndrome'. No matter how tired I am, it takes me at least 30 minutes to fall asleep once my head hits the pillow.
One reason I started writing is because during that 30 minutes, I have people talking in my head pleading with me to let their stories be told.
7. Sometimes I wish my cats could talk. There eyes are so expressive, I'm sure they'd have so much to say! Perhap explain the whole 'butt-licking' thing...
This has nothing to do with writing, except that both my cats sit on my desk while I write. Sometimes I read a scene aloud to them and they listen (seemingly) attentively. I get an occassional blink or fuzzy head butt, but I'd love to get some solid feedback!
I'm tagging Leah, Amy, m., and Christine ... and anyone else who wants to play!