Monday, May 26, 2008

Aubrey's Shindig, Wii Fit Update

If you're not busy tonight, tune into Aubrey's Shindig on Calgary's CJSW 90.9 FM -- that's where I'll be, chatting about lust and rock 'n' roll in Law of Averages -- 9pm mountain time... which I think is 11pm eastern. I hope. Gee, I'd better get that figured out before tonight!

No writing was done this weekend (for reasons below) but I did receive some very nice emails from Law of Averages readers. Comments from readers are just about the best thing in the world, so if you've read a good book lately, don't be afraid to email the author. They'll appreciate it and you just may provide the spark they needed to get through a slump :)

At risk of sounding like a spokesperson for the Nintendo Wii...
When I look around the house at all the 'toys' (treadmill, bikes, trampoline, gym membership, video games, computer games, etc...) the Wii Fit is by far dollars-and-cents (and sense!) ahead of the pack by far.
Even through father-in-law visiting and youngest son's birthday party, it's gotten non-stop usuage. We've had to practically lift Grandpa off the balance board so we can get some Wii time ourselves (and he rocks, btw -- shattered most of our records!); and all the party guests, both adults and kids, had a go. How many other gaming systems can people from 4 years old to 'Grandpa' use?
Someone is almost always on it. We haven't watched television since American Idol last Tuesday.
And though I can't speak to the benefits in terms of weight loss yet (between eating out, bbq-ing and birthday cake, it's not been a typical week), at least it's getting our collective butts off the couch!

It's a busy week ahead, but I'm determined to get some writing-time in. What's on your agenda?

10 comments:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Serious gardening is on the agenda for me. I love the fact that Grandpa was kicking serious Wii Fit butt!

Thomma Lyn said...

Cool beans! Sounds like everybody's loving the Wii Fit. That's awesome, and I love that Grandpa was rocking and rolling on the thing! :-D

On my agenda this week -- I want to finish my protagonist's pov chapters in Heart's Chalice, completing her storyline, then I'm going to go through and sprinkle in chapters from other characters' points of view because they'll shout at me in my head until I do, LOL! :) Also, hiking... plenty of hiking. The mountains are exploding with green and flowers. :)

Thomma Lyn said...

And WHEE, congratulations on your email from readers who loved Law of Averages! Though I am not one bit surprised. You go, my friend! :)))))

Amy Ruttan said...

GUESS WHAT!!! I told my DH that you wanted to talk with him. LOL!

Anyways, we decided that since I have no time for the gym I'm going to give up my membership in a month or so, as I don't have time to go across town, and then as our combined Christmas gift to ourselves (me and DH) well ... we're getting a Wii. I'm so excited, because DH is going to buy me Wii Fit. :) :) :) :)

I am uber excited, and the kids are as well. Well, Sumo's not, he's just excited because we are. Boo is excited.

YAY!!!!!!!! Jumping up and down. Very excited, and I can't wait until the end of summer. :) :) :)

Wylie Kinson said...

Julia - I got my garden in over the weekend (and boy does my back hurt - wocka wocka wocka) But it's very satisfying to see all the bloomage :)

Wylie Kinson said...

Amy - you will SO LOVE IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oooh I am so tempted by Wii Fit. We've been playing with the Wii in general lately and it's so much fun. My bro manages a video game store. I'm going to tell him to keep an eye out for a used one coming in - I'm feeling cheap. ;)

Wylie Kinson said...

Hi Karen - nevermind cheap... Go forth ye and buy one! It's more fun than anything i've done on the Wii... even (dare I say it) than Cow Racing.
You can't beat hula-hooping or acting like a penguin on an iceberg for a bigger giggle,... and the snowboarding is a blast.

Wylie Kinson said...

TL - I'm so looking forward to (hopefully?) reading Heart's Chalice when you're done. And you're really making good time on this one :)

And thanks -- you're such a wonderfully supportive friend, critique partner, cat-mom, blog-bud,...

Thomma Lyn said...

Awwww, you're such a sweetheart, Wylie. You are a great blog buddy, a super mom to your sweet kiddos, a super cat mom, and such a wonderfully supportive friend -- you've helped me so much with hanging in there with my writing when the going's been tough and giving up on my dream felt all-too-easy.

And you are a super critique partner, and oh, yesyesyesyesyes, I definitely want you to read Heart's Chalice when it's ready! I think you'll like it. :) It's a real trip. And I don't just mean that figuratively -- heh! ;-D