Thursday, May 29, 2008

I love Thursday!

It's THURSDAY!!
Thursday has long been my fave day of the week. Over the hump, but not yet the weekend...
Thursday still offers the hope that the weekend won't be entirely consumed by laundry and scrubbing toilets. Thursday is a day where possibilities are still endless -- you may win the Friday night Super 7 lottery, you may get a call to come to a fantastic pool party, you may go out for a fabulous dinner, you may see a movie with your girlfriends that makes you laugh until your sides hurt.
There are no long waits at your favorite restaurant (with the kids, we don't even bother trying to get in to the good spots on Fri/Sat nights!), the television line up is still decent (yeah - LOST tonight!!), and you don't worry about the weather because hey, it's only Thursday... as long as the sun comes out by Saturday morning!

This weekend looks very promising from the Thursday chair: we've got some friends to catch up with, visitors from Bermuda, then our little Kinson family is heading to Niagara Falls on Sunday for a mini-holiday.

Two questions for you, blogland: What's your fave day of the week and what are your plans for the weekend?

10 comments:

Leah Braemel said...

As strange as it may sound, my favorite day of the week used to be Mondays. That was when the kids went back to school, Gizmo Guy went back to work and I had the house to myself to write.

It's changed a tad now that Guitar Hero is home during the day, but at least he's sleeping. So yeah. I guess Monday still.

Thomma Lyn said...

Count me as another Monday-lover! Monday is the day of the week that's most likely to be quiet, least likely to be peppered with social obligations, so Mondays are often good writing, hiking and TL-recharging days. :)

Yeah, if I were any more introverted I'd fold in on myself like a Mobius strip. ;)

Jane said...

Friday is my favorite day of the week. The work week is over and the weekend officially starts. No plans this weekend. I can't afford to go to the movies.

Wylie Kinson said...

Leah and TL -- Monday is my second fave of the week for the reasons you both state. It's quiet, the house is back to some sort of routine, and it's a fresh start.

Hiya Jane! Glad you stopped by :D
Friday certainly has a shine to it and it means the start of a family-filled weekend. That's *mostly* a good thing ;)

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Friday is more for me. I have a sense of freedom even in the morning at work. I know I can stay up till 3:00am if I want (and I often want.)

Shelley Munro said...

I like Fridays. It's the end of the week and all the excitement of the weekend looms. The EDJ can be shunted to the background.

As long as I finish my WIP today (won't happen if I don't stop playing on the Internet!) I'm going to kick back and relax. Maybe squeeze in a little shopping - the fun sort. I feel the urge to shop...

Ann said...

I like Fridays and Wednesdays (Tai Chi and out to dinner *g*). I work this weekend, so Friday is my day off this week and I'm going to visit a friend and then spend the evening at the Relay for Life Cancer walk (wish me luck). :)

J.K. Coi said...

Fridays!! Yay!
Love Fridays. But I'm not doing much this weekend. The next few weekends are going to be busy though so I'll try to make the most of the quiet this one.

Amy Ruttan said...

Wednesday. Cause I like to be weird. ROFL.

No, actually because Wednesday is my Friday at the EDJ, so I like it, knowing my work week is done and i have 4 days to myself. *sigh*

Well, not really to myself.

I want to just read Lover Enshrined *neener neener* cover to cover but I'm helping my aunt move.

Seriously, I thought you would have learned by now. PREORDER!! ROFL!!

M. said...

Sunday. It's the only day of the week DH doesn't work so we can all have breakfast together, and if we've all done our homework/housechores/gardening/tooth-producing tasks correctly, we can look forward to some anxiety-free time. We've got memberships at the Royal Ontario Museum, the Zoo, and Wonderland this year - with any luck, I'll walk off those pesky last ten pounds of babyfat...

p.s. have you taken your boys to the Niagara Aviary? It's beautiful and my boys had a ball taking loads of up-close pictures