Saturday, August 30, 2008

If I was American...

Did you catch Barack Obama's speech the other night? I must admit, I was riveted. He's one hell of a speaker and imo, made a lot of sense. I'm not American so can't vote for him, but I'd love to see him lead our southern neighbors out of the quagmire that W. has them in.
Most of all, I want their reputation restored. As a Canadian who grew up 'looking up' to that great nation next door, it makes my heart ache to see their worldwide repution sink. They've sadly become viewed as the bully of the playground, an international joke masquerading as democratic heaven.
I respect everyone's political views/affiliations, but please, my American friends, listen to Mr. Obama when he tells you, YOU are better than the last eight years. We all know it, and would desperately love to see an administration that can put you back on top.

Well that's about as political as I ever get in public. Stay tuned next week when I share my religious views... lol

If you look two posts down (go look, I'll wait) you'll see that the Kinson's bought a tent (in case of Emergency). We decided that instead of waiting for the apocalypse/alien invasion/nuclear attack, we'd use the tent to go camping :)

So we're off...
Stay tuned.

6 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

Have fun camping!!

I know, if I was American I would vote Barack Obama.

Debra Glass said...

So true Wylie! GW is an embarrassment to the US.

Anonymous said...

I was very impressed with Obama's speech. Like wise Hillary's, Bill Clinton's and Al Gore's.

Thomma Lyn said...

Shrubya -- EEK! Yes, this country is in a terrible mess. :( I hope things can turn around.

Have fun camping, my friend!

Ann said...

Wylie, Love the tent. It looks very comfy. Have fun camping.
I seriously hope people vote with their brains and not their fears (cause we ALL know who's pushing those buttons).

Bitcast Daily said...

Yoour the best