Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Nothing to say, really.

I'm having a hard time coming up with anything interesting to say on this blog lately. As if that ever stopped me before...*snort*

Each morning, I grab a coffee and sit at my desk (which really means, on the couch with my laptop), sign on to blogger and nothing comes... NOTHING!

Should I chat about my wip? NAH
I'm 2/3rds in and enjoying the process, but I've nothing to share yet.

The fact that I have no Christmas decorations up yet, and no time to do anything Christmas-related this week? NAH
That only 1/2 my shopping has been done? Nu-uh.
From what I've been reading on YOUR blogs, many of us are sharing a ride on the Frantic Boat toward the 25th.

My birthday? nah
But in case you care... Yes, I had a fabulous day yesterday, thanks to my hubby and friends xoxo

AH-HA... here's something:
I'm presently reading two AMAZING manuscripts - a very hot romance that has me giggling out loud and a quirky delightful young adult book that has me wishing I could go back to highschool and do it all over again... on my terms!
But I can't really say too much about either of them at the moment... and this is hard for me! I want to wax eloquently about the wonderful characters and the sticky situations they're in, and how two uber-authors bring them to life on the computer screen.
You can be sure when those two novels are sitting on bookshelves (soon, I hope) I'll brag, BIG TIME "I knew them when!"

Surrounding myself with such talented writers makes me feel... I dunno... like maybe their magic sparkly talent dust will somehow sink into my skin.

Writers and bloggers alike - are you creatively inspired by others, or intimidated? I waiver between the two, usually, but at the moment, the magic dust is pushing me forward.

11 comments:

Leah Braemel said...

Writers and bloggers alike - are you creatively inspired by others, or intimidated?

I'm like you, Wylie, I waver between the two depending on if my muse or my internal editor is in charge.

LOL, I'm on that 'Frantic Boat' heading down the rapids toward the 25th right beside you.

Hmm, security word is anylance ... Nope, not 'any lance' will do for my heroine ;)

Wylie Kinson said...

Leah - anylance - BWAHAHAHAHA! But I admit, it took as second for that to register... too early in the morning ;)

I remember a couple of years ago at a TRW meeting, Margaret Moore saying she didn't read much romance because she either wanted to throw the book against the wall or got intimidated by their talent. Yeah... I so get that.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

It's all magic dust, girlfriend.

Let's see... Aunt Paula and the cranberries were actually inspired by my own Thanksgiving table this year (although it wasn't the cranberries we forgot. Not me!). That's what set the whole outtake into motion.

And now the icky news... I'm moving homes -- Blogger's locked me out and is threatening to delete me. Check out http://blog.westofmars.com from now on. Update links, RSS, all that fun stuff. Just... don't look too closely yet. We weren't quite ready to go live!

J.K. Coi said...

Wylie, keep writing these blogs! I'm very doubtful that you think you have nothing to say. :)

And OH! I didn't know it was your birthday!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

When I read a great book or even watch a really good movie, I do get inspired--and I need inspiration lately, so I'm looking for something good to read. That's why I'm going to pick up Demon's Hunger at lunch today.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Mine's on Boxing Day, but it isn't a big one this year. I did that last year so this year it will come and go, slipping quietly into the night. :-D

I love it when I read good books by talented friends. We have a mutual friend who allowed me to peek at one of her requested manuscripts and I think it is going places. I am generally thrilled for my writer friends when they get the call or hit it big. Sometimes I get that pang in my stomach about why I'm not there and then I remember that I actually have to send the ms to the agents/editors and it's ok again. LOL :-D It's my own fear holding me back. If my friends could throw their magic motivation dust on me though, I'd sure appreciate it!

Amy Ruttan said...

Happy Birthday sweetie. I can't believe I missed it. Ugh. I was so out of it yesterday. Hugs.

Shelley Munro said...

Happy birthday, Wylie! I hope you had a wonderful day.
I have to say I'm stalled a bit on my WIP. I think I'll go for a bike ride and rid myself of the cobwebs or something.

Thomma Lyn said...

ACK, Wylie! Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad you had a wonderful day. :-D ((((((hugs)))))))

Inspired or intimidated? Inspired, definitely. Love that magic dust! :) And I understand Blogger's Block -- been dealing with that myself.

Wylie Kinson said...

SHG - what's up with you and blogger? Have you slighted it, maybe didn't 'call' the next day, forgot a birthday, mebe??

Don't worry - we'll find you no matter WHERE you are ;)

Wylie Kinson said...

Hey MG -- Always love to see your name in my comment box :)
December birthdays are hard, aren't they? People like to lump them in with Christmas...
And heck - EVERY year is a big one!! I'm all about celebrating the fact that your born, no matter how many years on this earth.

As for that mutual friend - she hasn't let me read it so I'm jealous as all get-out *pout*
Well, that's not exactly true... I did get a very enticing first chapter. She teases me so ;)

Wylie Kinson said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone :)

JK - Lately, I find myself hit by lighting bolts of inspiration in movies and television - which is a new phenomenon for me. I'm loving it!

Shelley - I'm jealous. We have snow... but how I'd love a good bike ride! Hope you work thru the stall.

TL - at least you give us lovely poems (to inspire!) and photos!! When I got nothing, I got NOTHIN'!