Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #31 - Sexy Voices

Doing the Humpday Hunkday on Six Degrees of Sexy last week got me thinking about SEXY VOICES. I came up with about 6 on my own, but then threw the floor open for suggestions to my blog buddies (their names appear next to the sexy voices they nominated) asking who they'd like to have whisper in their ear after dark.
To make this work, you've got to completely ignore the physical - no looks, age or sex can be considered. The only qualification is voice.


THIRTEEN SEXY
"Whisper in my ear, baby"
VOICES


  1. Chad Kroeger, lead singer of Nickelback. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I feel like this guy is kissing my neck when he sings...
  2. Chris Daughtry, singer
  3. Michael Wincott, actor who played Sir Guy or Gisborne in Robin Hood (nominated by Carry Lofty "but why a spoon, cousin?")
  4. Colin Firth (nominated by Amy, whom I'm not speaking to and she knows why)
  5. Barry White (nominated by M.)
  6. Sean Connery (nominated by Tempest Knight, Amy, Thomma Lyn, Red - he's a popular one! )
  7. Rupert Everett (nominated by Red)
  8. James Earl Jones (nominated by Leah)
  9. Clive Owen (nominated by Julia)
  10. Demi Moore
  11. Gina Gershon (nominated by Sparky, who likes her smoky growl, and any [hot] woman with an Aussie accent. Rebecca James - are you listening?)
  12. Kathleen Turner a la Joan Wilder (Amy's dad picked this one)
  13. Brad Pitt - this was all me, but did you think I'd leave him of an anything sexy list? His best line: "I highly recommend fucking" Tristan, Legends of the Fall. And besides, I needed an excuse to post his pic ;)
Who did I miss? Leave your SEXY VOICE nomination in comments!

34 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

James Hetfield of Metallica.

His employee, Toby. (WHAT a voice! And a great guy, too. If I had to choose between dinner with Hetfield and Toby, I'd take Toby. He's like the little brother I don't have.)

And, of course, the very fictional but gorgeously baritone Mitchell Voss.

*grin*

Wylie Kinson said...

Mitchell Voss, of course! d'oh!!
How did I miss him :)

Anonymous said...

That's a great list! Very sexy voices. :) And yup, Legends of the Fall... wowie, whatta movie. :)

Happy TT, my friend! I'm laying out of TT this week because even though I've reached my goal word count, I ain't done with the freekin' rough draft yet... ;-DD

Country Dawn said...

Russell Crowe... the accent!

Anonymous said...

You're missing James Marsters (of Buffy fame) and Ron Perlman. But I agree with most.

Anonymous said...

Cool idea for a list...Clive Owen and Colin Firth are too of my favorites as well.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Russell Crowe and Ron Perlman are great choices, Country Dawn and Journeywoman.

Wylie, this expanding list is giving me shivers up and down my spine.

pussreboots said...

Nat King Cole's voice makes me weak in the knees. Happy TT.

Wylie Kinson said...

Country Dawn - Russell Crowe, YES!!

Journeywoman - I missed out on the Buffy bandwagon, but I'll take your word for it ;)

Damozel - hmmm... don't you have a little accent whispering in your ear already? :)

Wylie Kinson said...

Pussreboots - great suggestion. Digging into the archives... nice going!

The Gal Herself said...

Very hot list. Voices are so important to making a man sexy. I nominate Denzel Washington. His voice is hypnotic, even when he's yelling. Sigh. Is it getting warm in here?

Carrie Lofty said...

Yay! Michael Wincott. Because it's dull, you twit, it'll hurt more.

Tempest Knight said...

Yeah, Sean Connery speaks and my panties seem to melt. Hahaha!

Christina said...

Alan Rickman has the sexiest voice alive, I think. :) Though your list has quite a few good second-bests! Great T13!

Christina said...

Of course, the above comment is my own humble opinion. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I suppose these are ok, if you like that sort of thing.

Yes, W, Damozel can hear an accent that sounds like melted chocolate poured over velvet!

Anonymous said...

I'm not much of a fan of Brad Pitt "the star", but I can't deny he is nice to look at. I may have to rent Legends of the Fall again. Maybe I should buy it.

Red Garnier said...

Ooooooh, mamma! What a fantastic list, but still. I'm pretty sure very few beat Rupert Everret. REALLY!!! LOL! Great idea, Wylie.

Ann Aguirre said...

Ron Perlman. Vin Diesel.

Sparky Duck said...

Aussie accent or Irish accent, mmmm hard to choose.

Chad Kroeger is a fraud musically ;)

Savannah Chase said...

oh girl you so got it right with Brad..grrrr

Unknown said...

I love a good scottish accent. Gerard Butler or David Tennant come to mind. Michael Wincott is great too.

Dane Bramage said...

There was a time when I would drink Kim Carnes bath water if she asked me with that gravelly "Bette Davis Eyes" voice. And what about Rob Thomas? SMOOTHHHHHHHH.

Anyway Thanks for visiting my Thursday Thirteen #48 edition

Lori said...

Awesome list....Brad Pitt is one sexy boy. I never thought of the whole whisper in your ear..but your right. Very sexy...Happy TT.

Elle Fredrix said...

Oh, yeah. Chad. Man, what that guy can do to me with his voice alone!

Anonymous said...

Uh-uh. Chad is whispering in MY ear, baby :)

Cool list.

Spy Scribbler said...

Oh, but have you heard Matt Damon narrate in Rounders? Major drool voice!

Sean Connery's got it, too. Man. Makes me go all shivery!

Happy TT!

DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

Interesting list... and glad to see it's not "men-only"... 'cuz yeah, Kathleen Turner's voice could melt chocolate at fifty-yards!

Ann said...

Cool list. How about Raphe Fiennes? He's got an awesome voice. :)

Robin L. Rotham said...

Oh, yeah -- YOU know who goes at the top of the list, don't you? :D But does Chad talk as sexy as he sings?

Another voice I'm particular to is Sam Elliott's.

L^2 said...

Great list of voices. And yes, Legends of the Fall... excellent movie. :-)

Dorothy said...

I'm with Sean Connery...but I have to add George Clooney and Richard Gere.

Tink said...

Ron Perlman as Vincent in Beauty & The Beast... wow! Sean Connery has that special voice I always recognize...
Thanks for visiting my Mabon TT.

Sophisticated Writer said...

What a list, Wylie! I don't know why but Ralph Fiennes, Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt and Julian McMahon have such sexy voices! And not to mention my all time favorite singer Josh Groban :)

Of course, my husband's voice tops my list ;)