Saturday, December 30, 2006

Destiny by Design: Status SOLD!!!! wooooohooooo

JUST this minute got an email from dream editor at dream publisher. Destiny by Design is SOLD and I'm completely out of breath from doing my happy dance around all three floors of the house. *panting*
I'd like to say it was worth the wait, but these past few weeks have been hard. Really hard. I find the waiting game cripples me and I just can't seem to move on to other works. Yes - I can do the children's stories, the TRW newsletter, my course assignments, blogging,... but not the romance. Go figure.
Oh - and the dream publisher, incase anyone was wondering, is Ellora's Cave. Why are they the dream pub? Because they've a stellar reputation and they're recognized by the RWA, which I feel works in my favor when I finally complete my novel (which isn't erotica, but romance). I could be totally wrong, but I think it gives me a bit more credibility as a writer.
This marks my third publication success (two shorts and this novella), so I'm finally beginning to feel like a writer and not so much a wanna-be (nodding to you, TL! *wink*).

11 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

OMG! OMG! I am so happy for you!!!!! The waiting game sucks ... I'm so glad it's over for you and you have sold, that means your PAN now baby!!!

I am very, very, very happy for you. What will you do to celebrate? Chocolate, Champagne or Mickey Dees ;)

Let me know when EC releases it and I'll be the first to buy it!

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO, that's absolutely fantastic news -- I'm joining in your happy dance! But I have to say, I'm not the least bit surprised -- I knew DbD was a winner and that EC would snap it up.

You go, girlfriend! Looking forward to hearing what the release date will be, and I'm so excited for you. :-D

Kate said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
Yay KYLIE!!!!

Wylie Kinson said...

Thanks Amy, TL, and Kate! I appreciate your good wishes.

Amy - Chocolate. Always the celebration drug of choice. And no, I can't get my PAN status because it's only a novella, not a novel. :(

TL - awww, shucks. Thanks. I've got one change to make: remember when Ellis is driving back to the house and flashbacks to the party? Editor would like it to stay linear rather than use of f/b. Of course, I agreed to the change!!

Kate R (already an EC author) - I'm one of you now!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What a great way to start off the new year!

Wylie Kinson said...

Thanks raci li!
Or to put it another way, - a great finish to 2006 !!

Amy Ruttan said...

Aw man novella's should count for PAN!

Still great anyhow!

Unknown said...

WOOHOOO!!!! I'm so thrilled for you (and a little jealous)!!! How long did it take for them to get back to you about your novella? Have you heard anything on a release date?

Megan Frampton said...

Way late, but--CONGRATULATIONS!

Wylie Kinson said...

Thanks, Megan!

Jana Armstrong said...

Congrats!!!! You have to know I'm dying to know what Destiny by Design is about now.

I can say I knew you when.....