Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Blog Block and Good Apples

I've got blog-block. This is closely related to writers block, except worse, because you don't have to stay on topic, true to character or come up with an action/dialogue/sex scene. You just have to ramble! How can this be so hard?
Instead, I'm posting a witty slice of wisdom that my friend Donna (Hi Donna! *waving*) sent me. By the way - Donna doesn't read my blog, so the shout-out was for naught.

Apples and Wine
Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach way up there for the good ones because they're frightened of falling and hurting themselves. Instead, they sometimes pick the apples up from the ground that aren't so good, but easy. The apples at the top of the tree think there's something wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, who is brave enough to climb all the way to the top.
Now men . . . men are like fine wine. They start out as grapes and it's up to women to stomp the shit out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.

1 comment:

Amy Ruttan said...

That is so funny ... but true. I had the blog blocks a couple of weeks ago. I think I'm overcoming it all. BTW I would have never guessed!