Thursday, February 08, 2007

Two in one week. OUCH!

Ouch! Just received a SECOND rejection for the three bears story. Good thing for the uber-thick skin I've acquired. When I opened the letter, I hardly blinked.
Okay, well maybe a little blink. Then I ate the mini chocolate valentine hearts I bought for my kids. Pathetic. So very pathetic. And yet, I feel better...

Here's the scorecard so far:
Houghton Mifflin - rejection by blue postcard
Kids Can Press - rejection by form letter with name scribbled in by hand.
Boyds Mills - Anxiously waiting...
Henry Holt - Anxiously waiting...
Commence the crossing of fingers and toes.

Hey -- maybe I should track my rejections with the progress bar. Hee!!

5 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

Oh,I'm still crossing everything for you. I know Kids Can Press is hard to break into it.

You'll make it because your three bears story is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Yes, chocolate is wonderful balm for rejections. Can't beat it! And I'm keeping all my appendages crossed for you that you get good news soon! :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Oh, rejections suck, that's all there is to it. However, chocolate more than makes up for it.

Keep plugging away. Keep writing as you wait to hear the news.

It'll all fall into place. It will!

Unknown said...

That sucks hun, but there are still two more out there. I have various appendages crossed for you.

Vicky said...

Oh that sucks Wylie! But two more out there.... progress bars? Really? ;)

Crossing my fingers (and toes) for the other two for you and sending you lots of chocolate for the OTHER two. :)