Monday, July 30, 2007

Eve Silver's His Dark Kiss *sigh*

Have you read anything by Eve Silver yet? If not, get ye to your local bookstore and pick up a copy of His Dark Kiss.
Admittedly, I haven't read a gothic romance in some years *ahem 20 cough cough* so picked it up with the slightest pause. But only the absolute slightest - because I happen to know Eve Silver (I was once fortunate enough to be in her group for a critique workshop and SHE ROCKS) so I knew I wasn't in for a bad book -- perhaps just one not so suited to my particular tastes...
Anyhoo, this book was excellent. A one-sitting, cover-to-cover, stay-up-until-it's-done read.

Eve Silver - I hearby dub thee
~ The Queen of Sexual Tension ~


Fellow writers, hear me: She's so damn good at it, I felt like I was going to pop from the agony of it. I wanted to take notes, but was too enraptured to get off of my easy chair to find a pen and paper, so settled for dog-earring pages *cringe* of scenes I want to revisit when writing my own 'build-up' scenes.
Now I've got to go find me a copy of Dark Prince to take on vacation with me next week...

Eve also writes as Eve Kenin for the new Shomi line -- her book Driven will be out this September.

6 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

I know I love His Dark Kiss. Oh man she rocks I read it last year. LOVED IT. I think I want to try one of those Shomi line books too, they look intriguing.

Anonymous said...

ACK, another book to add to my to-read pile. :) It sounds yummy!

Red Garnier said...

Ooooh I got to read me this!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the recommend!

Anonymous said...

Wylie!!! Thank you for my lovely diamond-encrusted "queen of sexual tension" tiara. I'm honored.

Hey...I do the same thing (dog-ear pages I like, LOL!).

And having read your writing, I can return the compliment: you rock.

Wylie Kinson said...

Eve Silver visited MY blog!!!
*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Tempest Knight said...

Oh I loved this book! It was utterly gripping. :)