Sunday, July 08, 2007

I'm Ba-ack

I didn't think I would survive the week sans internet, but it turned out to be not so bad. The bad was coming home to 328 messages in my inbox.

Lovely vacation - lots of biking, playing in streams (I am a master rock-bridge builder, btw) and relaxing. I managed to add 5000 words to the manuscript-that's-going-nowhere, saw three movies and read one book.

I returned to find two lovely reviews for Destiny by Design (thanks Red!).
Tewanda from Fallen Angel Reviews gave it a 4 angel rating:
Wylie Kinson’s Destiny by Design is a charming mix of romance and mystery. Ellis and Simon are delightful characters that will touch the readers’ heart and have them wanting more. The physical chemistry between Ellis and Simon is blazing, even as they try to ignore all they have in common. I enjoyed how the two had to work together to determine who is undermining the contest. I look forward to reading more from Ms. Kinson.
And Roberta from All Romance Writers gave it at 9 out of 10 (whoop!):
Author Wylie Kinson has written a tantalizing tale that is more than romantica. The reader gets a peek at the cut-throat designer world. The love scenes will both tease and satisfy the appetite of any romance readers who craves spicy stories. With true talent such as Ms. Kinson's, it is easy to see why Ellora's Cave has thrived and grown.

Now that I feel somewhat validated (insert neurotic writer issues), I can get back to writing.
;)
And catching up on blogs, and returning emails...

15 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

YAY! So glad you're back! Go on over to Alison Kent's blog and check out the writing challenge, Rhi, Red, Me, Christine, TL are all on board for Seventy Days of Sweat.

It's just been too quiet with you gone.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what Amy said! :-D Yay that you're back! I've missed you bunches and bunches.

Gonna be sweatin' for seventy days, hehehe!

Wylie Kinson said...

Thanks TL & Amy! Nice to know I was missed.

I think I'll leave the sweatin' to y'all. See, I got my 2 kiddies with me all summer - everyday, 24/7. Don't think the 3 & 7 year old are going to stay still long enough for Mommy to bang out six pages. Not to mention a sum total of 15 days with house guests (my family is visiting in August, hubby's in early Sept) plus another week of vacation in Ontario's north.
Nope -- not gonna happen.
But I'm rooting for you Amy, TL, Red, Rhi, and Christine.

Amy Ruttan said...

Excuses, excuses. Alright, you get off this time ... but next time ...

Unknown said...

Welcome back Wylie!! We missed you. :)

Anonymous said...

We understand! :) We're lucky to have you to cheer us on.

And CONGRATS on those fabulous reviews!

Rebecca said...

congrats on the great reviews!!

Leah Braemel said...

Weird, I commented earlier but it seems to have disappeared into the ether :(

Anyway, welcome back, Wylie, we've missed you! And you must be floating on the ceiling with those reviews - but we know they're deserved, you're a GREAT writer.

Anonymous said...

welcome back an congrats on the reviews

Amy Ruttan said...

I forget to congrat you on your reviews cause I congratulated you on the SDoS. Damn, I don't know where my head is today.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awesome reviews!

Red Garnier said...

CONGRATS on the fabulous reviews, Wylie!!!!!! DBD rocks. And we missed you!!

Rene said...

Awesome reviews! Sounds like a nice vacation. I think it is important to get "unwired" for a bit now and again.

Amy Ruttan said...

I saw you read SPIN IT AGAIN. Isn't it the hottest ever!! Woo!

I read it in 30 mins, I couldn't put it down.

Sparky Duck said...

welcome back!

sounds like a relaxing vacation and some nice surprises to come back too.

now to conspire...