Tuesday, March 25, 2008

No cuttie, no happy

I was supposed to have That Surgery yesterday but they postponed me until the end of April. I think they're trying to kill me by stressful anticipation...

Sweetness (aka 3 yr old) starts back at nursery school tomorrow WOOOO HOOOO (did I say that outloud?) after a 3 week March break. He only attends for 2 hours in the afternoon, but honestly, my sanity depends on those 120 minutes per day.

I hope y'all had a lovely Easter weekend, for those who celebrate. We have more chocolate in the house than Britney has Frappes. My kids are vibrating from the sugar intake *cough me too cough cough*.

I haven't been as productive on my writing projects as I was hoping... but hanging with two very active boys all day every day sort of wore me out so all I wanted to do most evenings was sit in front of the television and lose myself in mindless entertainment. Gah - there really is SHITE on most of the time. I pretty much LIVE for Thursday nights... LOST. House will be back at the end of April, so that's another night to look forward to. And though I haven't been consistantly watching American Idol, the few performances I've managed to catch were amazing. The little David Archuletta (sp?) has some serious talent...

Back to writing.... my current wip, The Elements of Attraction, is coming along slowly. I've cut out huge swaths of text that I'd written earlier because I decided to change the nature of one of my characters. The story is becoming quite clear in my mind, though (this is a good thing!) and the characters are definitely speaking to me. Mostly in the middle of the night ;)

Leah Braemel has a new website and it's absolutely DIVINE!! Go see.

Okay - so here's the deal. I'm only going to blog twice/week (she says, *snort*) on Tuesdays and Fridays. That's the goal, anyway.

Upcoming:
details on the Law of Averages contest
website update (about time!)
latest reads
my mini-movie marathon

Thanks for stopping by and I'll be making rounds soon!

9 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

A THREE WEEK BREAK??? In MARCH??

And only two hours?

Girl, we gotta find you a better preschool!

Seriously... it sucks having the surgery postponed. Hang in there!!!

Amy Ruttan said...

They postponed your surgery again! Are they insane???

HUGS!!

Wylie Kinson said...

Hi Susan! I have this theory ... Sweetness goes to a private school (Light used to, he's now in public school) and it seems the more you pay for tuition, the more holidays they get. Go figure...

Amy - Grrrrr. That's all I can say.

Leah Braemel said...

Grr on the having to wait for the surgery - the anticipation makes it worse. (I hope, I've never had surgery)

I feel your pain on the 'cutting huge swaths'. Two steps forward, three back. But you will begin moving forward again.

I'll be looking for you on Tuesdays and Fridays. (And probably Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays too because I KNOW I'll forget which days you'll be blogging *wink*)

Maureen McGowan said...

Oh, too bad about your surgery getting postponed. Sucks.

Take if from one who's been there and done that. Your life will be so much better after that stupid fraking organ is cut out of your body. :-)

I can't believe I suffered through three years of GB attack russian roulette before going under the knife.

Maureen McGowan said...

Oh, and you can add me to your going to SF list! I should NOT be spending the money... but can't resist. :-)

Wylie Kinson said...

Leah - well put! But it feels more like 5 steps forward, 6 steps back :)

Maureen - YEAH!! You're going to nationals!!!
My fear? What if they postpone my surgery until the week before? ;)

Unknown said...

Waiting on the surgery sucks...HUGS!

I haven't been productive at all this week on the writing front. I'm hoping to get in some writing tonight though.

And I can't wait for House, NCIS and others to start up again. Torchwood is done next week...and then I don't know what I'll do!

Anonymous said...

How frustrating, to have your surgery postponed! (((((hugs)))))

But I'm tickled to hear that your WIP is coming along -- it's a great feeling when a story becomes sharper and more clear and your characters start nattering in your head! :)

Wowie, Leah's site is gorgeous. Congrats to Leah! And I hear ya on the blogging -- I'm trying to keep up, but it sure is hard to fit everything in. Too many things I want to do, too few hours in the day! :)