Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Hey, where'd she go?

Kinda quiet in here...
Nope - didn't fall of the end of the earth, but motherhood is smothering the Wylie right out of me! Haven't written lately (but hoping to change that soon) due to a badly planned overkill of children's activities ranging from school projects (Grade 4 is HARD!!!), martial arts and soccer. I don't remember my childhood being this crazy. Better go check with my mom...

Blogging has sadly fallen off the priority list, but before I disappear for another extended period of time (otherwise known as summer holidays) I must mention:

Thomma Lyn Grindstaff's Mirror Blue is out. This literary romance is a MUST READ. Her characters are richly drawn and grounded in real-life, full of conflict and utterly engaging. (And she's the only author I know who can mix cats, hogs and snakes effortlessly into a plot!! LOL)

Happy summer!

6 comments:

Thomma Lyn said...

((((((((Wylie))))))) I've missed you in Blogland! I hope you get to write soon, and sounds like you're busy, but I know you're having fun with your sweet kiddos.

And thank you so much for the shout-out, my friend! I so appreciate it. :) Love what you said about mixing cats, hogs and snakes -- ROFL!

Amy Ruttan said...

HUGS!!! I know the summer is going to be insane for me as well. :)

I hope to be back to a meeting in September.

Nicholas said...

It seems that everyone I know is blogging less these days....

Red Garnier said...

Ooh cograts to Thomma Lyn! I have to check this out. And how are you, my Wylie?! I've missed your blogs!!! :)

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I've just started Mirror Blue and I'm loving it.

Hold onto your hat and enjoy the ride this summer.

Candy Minx said...

Hey there darling!

Here is a great web site...I thought of you as soon as I saw it...

http://www.cartenoire.co.uk/pride-and-prejudice