Thursday, October 08, 2009

Wylie's Watching...

I've been sucked pretty hard into television this season. I vowed not to add any shows to the must-watch list, but much like the diet, I succumbed to temptation.
Here's what I'm excited about:

FlashForward - I was hooked as soon as I saw the cast. Joseph Fiennes (that's Ralph's brother - remember him from Shakespeare in Love?), whom i adore even with the phony American accent, a few cast members from LOST, a brief appearance by Alex Kingston (Elizabeth from ER) and other familiar faces...
It's based on a Robert Sawyer book about a strange phenomenon whereby everyone in the world blacks out at exactly same time and foresees a moment in their future.

Glee - I absolutely ADORE it! It makes me feel good!! Song, dance, great cast. It should be called SQUEE!

Those I'm loyal to from years past:
Fringe - fills the void the X-Files left all those years ago.
Bones - especially since I'm now caught up on past seasons so finally feel like I know what's going on...
Castle - Nathan Fillion. That's all I'm sayin'.
House and Lie To Me - because I seem to enjoy totally obnoxious, know-it-all men?? Hmm... both are British actors. As is Joe Fiennes from FlashForward. I'm sensing a trend...

Shows that didn't hook me (after 2 or more episodes):
Vampire Diaries: Too angsty and, does no one in highschool have parents? The dialogue is soap-operaish (and I should know, having had that one line in Y&R all those years ago - *snort*)
Eastwick: meh. But I'll say this: Rebecca Romijn is gorgeous.

And I'm not doing ANY reality shows this year. NONE. This year, I'm going scripted :)

What new shows have your fire burning, kids?
Better yet, what have dumped or refused to watch?
Tell, tell, tell!!!

4 comments:

Leah Braemel said...

I'm with you on Flash Forward, and Castle. Have to admit, I don't watch any of the others - mainly because I'm usually glued to my computer these days. (Or running the kids around town.)

Another I like is Flashpoint - which is based in Toronto. This year for some reason CBS isn't starting the season at the same time as CTV, so we Canadians get to watch it when the Americans have to wait until January.

I don't normally watch the reality shows either, but there's one coming on CMT.ca later this month called Unstable that I may watch that follows an owner of a boarding stable, her stable manager and a champion rider. (The stable's up near where you live, Wylie) Considering my WIP is about a woman who breeds horses, and I foresee a possible sequel to it, and more stories set in that area, I'm sorta considering it research, but it also gives me an insight into my friend Blue Sue's life who breeds Arabians and runs a boarding stable down in Texas.

Thomma Lyn said...

I'm still addicted to Dexter! Still going strong in its fourth season. :)

Wylie Kinson said...

Hey TL -- I've missed the last 2 seasons of Dexter :(
I must rent the dvd's and catch up.

Wylie Kinson said...

Leah -- Oh, Flashpoint!! I forgot about that show. I caught the first few eps last year when it first premiered and it somehow fell off my radar.

That reality show sounds interesting!! i should tell my in-laws about it since they're in that horsey world.