Wednesday, February 06, 2008

It's alive, ALIVE!!

Good news is - I feel somewhat human today, after two days of total BLECH.
Bad news - my house is a nasty mess. Nothing gets done when mommy's lost in blechland.

Have you been keeping up with US politics? Hubby and I were popping on to CNN yesterday to follow the Super Tuesday drama during the commercial breaks in House. Very interesting race between Obama and Clinton.
In the spirit of the moment, and as I still have nothing writing-relevant to share with the blogworld, I'm posting a humorous political joke - this one sent to me by my friend Chris in Edmonton. I have the best network of joke senders and it always makes me laugh when I get the same joke on the same day sent from Bermuda and my aunt in California. *cue Small World music*

One day a florist goes to a barber for a haircut. After the cut he asked about his bill, and the barber replies, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.'
The florist was pleased, and left the shop.
When the barber goes to open his shop the next morning, there is a 'thank you' card, and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.
Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replies, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.'
The cop is happy and leaves the shop.
The next morning when the barber goes to open up there is a 'thank you' card, and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.
Later that day, a college professor comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replies, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The professor is very happy and leaves the shop.
The next morning when the barber opens his shop, there is a 'thank you' card, & a dozen different books, such as 'How to Improve Your Business' & 'Becoming More Successful.
Then,a Politician comes in for a haircut, and when he goes to pay his bill the barber again replies, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.'
The MP is very happy and leaves the shop.
The next morning when the barber goes to open up, there are a dozen Members of Parliament lined up waiting for a free haircut.
And that, my friends, illustrates the Fundamental difference between the Citizens of our country and the members of our Government.

5 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

ROFL!!! That's too funny!

M. said...

Hee!
I'm trying to figure out whether the fact that I did half my bachelor's degree in political science makes this more funny to me or not.

Red Garnier said...

Wylie I'm so happy you're feeling better!! And I say goo Hilary, I'm up for women on top, LOL!

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!!!

I'm sorry you've been in Blechland, but I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better! :)

Wylie Kinson said...

Hi TL - thanks, I was feeling better this morning and now my throat is getting scratchy again. Dang!!

Red - LOL!! I'm sure Bill would agree ;)

m. - or just conflicted? ;)

Hi Amy - see you Saturday, yes?