Thursday, June 12, 2008

Good News, Bad News, First Review of Law of Averages

Good news: The surgery went well. It's over (at last!), the disfunctional gallbladder removed and life (albiet without pizza) can continue...

Bad news: Post-op Day 3 I'm still feely pretty crappy. Very tired, woozy, nauseous, etc... They say that it takes 1-3 weeks for the system to resume normal function, but I'm impatient. I really thought I'd be writing my days away while I recup, but I have NO attention span. None. Zero. Can't even read (ack!) and I'm only on-line for about 10 minutes a day (which is why no blog visits... sorry!)

Good news: First review of Law of Averages is in. Here's what Angel from Romance Junkies has to say...

Title: Law Of Averages
Category: Contemporary
Reviewer: Angel
Reviewer e-mail: angelbrewer@romancejunkies.com
Author: Wylie Kinson
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Release Date: May 2008
Blue Ribbon Rating: 4.5
ISBN: 1419916250
Format: EBOOK

(deleted the summary of the book 'cause it's long...)

LAW OF AVERAGES is a story that rocks. Gabriel is not your average rock star and that makes him an interesting character. Megan has no clue as to the identity of the man who is sharing her vacation home and it adds an air of deception to the mix. The love scenes are totally volcanic and have more than enough heat to keep you simmering. Wylie Kinson has a creative flair that I truly enjoyed. After reading this book I will definitely be on the lookout for more of Wylie Kinson’s work in the future.

11 comments:

Jane said...

Congrats on the rave review. Have a speedy recovery.

Jennifer McKenzie said...

It took a little while to recover after I had my gall bladder removed. Hang in there.
GREAT review!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the surgery went well and I hope you feel better soon. Congrats on the great review!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

((hug)) to feel better. But how can you not feel better with such a great review?!? Woo!!

Leah Braemel said...

I'm with Julia *Gentle Hugs*

And what a GREAT review, Wylie!

You take it easy, don't worry about blog hopping at the moment, just rest up - that's major surgery you've just had, so cut yourself some slack.

M. said...

fab review, wylie, and i agree on the creative flair bit.

sorry about the post-op. a friend of mind who had the same procedure found it difficult as well - and she had no boys to run after! i hope you have some help. will we see you saturday?

Shelley Munro said...

Yeah, I felt like that last year after my op. It took a while to get back into writing. Just let your plots wander through your head and think "what if" when you feel like it.

Great review!

Thomma Lyn said...

WOO HOO!!!! Congratulations on the great review! It's very well-deserved. Law of Averages indeed ROCKS!

I'm sorry you're still feeling kind of icky. I'm sending virtual chocolate to you, my friend, and big (((((((((hugs)))))))) to feel better soon -- and the Ballicai send purrs.

Ann said...

Congrats on the great review, and hope you're feeling better soon. :)

Bonnie Staring said...

Hope your attention span returns soon -- I'll keep this post short in the meantime. ;)

Great review! Woo hoo!

rob said...

If I judge the book by its cover, id's say Law of Averages is steamy chic lit? and that looks interesting. Wylie I'd like to talk to you about blogging in Canada. Can you track me down and leave a note?